Uber Survey: Awareness Growing More Quickly Than Users

Transportation company Uber has been making a lot of headlines lately, both for some controversial comments and policies and for an increase in users. But has the negative press impacted people’s opinions on the company? How have views changed over Uber’s whirlwind last few months?

uber

Uber Awareness

In Ask Your Target Market’s latest survey, 7% of respondents said they have used Uber. That’s a small increase from just a few months ago. In a July 2014 survey, just 6% said they had used Uber. However, awareness of the brand has gone up even more. 50% said they have at least heard of Uber, compared to just 24% in July.

General Opinions

Those who have knowledge of Uber don’t seem to really be affected by any negative press. 51% said they feel pretty neutral about the company. 34% said they have a positive opinion of Uber. And just 15% said they have a negative opinion of Uber.

Potential Users

Looking forward, 34% of overall respondents said they would be likely to use Uber or a similar type of ridesharing service for transportation purposes at some point in the future. And 48% said they would be unlikely to ever use Uber for transportation. On the other hand, 52% said they would be unlikely to ever offer rides to other users. And just 27% said they would be likely to do so.

You can view the complete survey results in the widget below and be sure to click “Open Full Report” to take advantage of all the chart and filter options.

Photo Credit: Uber in Beijing from Flickr

What do you want to know? If you need some consumer insights on a particular topic, let us know in the comments below and we’ll consider it for an upcoming survey post.

Results were collected on December 15 via AYTM’s online survey panel.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Anne Pilon
Anne Pilon brings 3 years experience to AYTM as a blogger and journalist. She has a degree in journalism and marketing communications from Columbia College in Chicago and enjoys writing about business, marketing, social media, and art.