Windows Phones Survey: Microsoft Still Working on Gaining Customers

Smartphones have become more and more prominent with everyday consumers over the past several years. But when it comes to different types of smartphones, most people think of iPhones or certain Android Phones, and not many of the other options available. Windows phones are becoming more available, but haven’t necessarily gained as much popularity as other options. What do current owners think of their devices?

windows phone

Smartphone Customers

In Ask Your Target Market’s latest survey, 57% of respondents said that they currently own a smartphone. 66% of those respondents said they have an Android phone. 32% have an iPhone. Just 4% of smartphone owners currently have a Windows phone. 3% own a Blackberry. And 2% own other types of smartphones.

Smartphone Satisfaction

Overall, 53% of smartphone owners said they are very satisfied with their current device. 40% said they are somewhat satisfied. 5% are somewhat unsatisfied. And just 1% are very unsatisfied. 60% of Windows phone owners said they are very satisfied with their current device, and the remaining 40% said they are somewhat satisfied.

Microsoft Products

But Windows phones are relatively new compared to other Windows and Microsoft products. 82% of overall respondents said that they currently use a Windows operating system on their computer. And another 9% said they have in the past. In addition, 41% of respondents said they own multiple other Microsoft products. And another 30% said they own at least one Microsoft made product.

You can view the complete survey results in the widget below and be sure to click “Open Full Report” to take advantage of all the chart and filter options.

Photo Credit: Windows Phone 7 from Flickr

What do you want to know? If you need some consumer insights on a particular topic, let us know in the comments below and we’ll consider it for an upcoming survey post.

Results were collected on November 19 via AYTM’s online survey panel.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Anne Pilon
Anne Pilon brings 3 years experience to AYTM as a blogger and journalist. She has a degree in journalism and marketing communications from Columbia College in Chicago and enjoys writing about business, marketing, social media, and art.